Monday 20 May 2013

love changes everything

As i need to improve my Photoshop skills, Im trying to have as much practice I can.

So Iv used one of my photos I took ages ago.
My main plan was to change background to something more fun and positive. First I cropped photo in portrait format. Then I change I photo to black & white. Moving blues in B&W, it gave eyes nice and sparkly white colour, so I didnt do anything else with eyes (doing small research for photos with baby photography, in most of them baby's had overly white and sparkly eyes). As I was done with my editing for baby object, I wanted to move it to another background. Using Magic Wand Tool i selected backrgound, then - Selecte-Inverse so I can move object with baby, then opened backrgound and then just using Moove Tool moved it to my chose of background (bellow).

First I changed baby object in right size. Than as there was very noticeable line between baby and background, I used Smudge Tool to blend them together. But than part of baby's head looked very annatural, as while blending line and head together, it touched too much of baby's head.  So using Clone Tool I copied parts of head where not touched and moved them to blur'ed part.
Then I wanted to add some sweet text. Using Text Tool (for each word separate as I wanted different fonts) I typed text and Vollah - its done!



Few months ago I knew nothing about Photoshop, I still dont know loads, but proud of myself that Im starting to get better and finally I can enjoy it and find as something fun and helpful rather then pain and nightmare. Again - Practice makes it better - right?

4 comments:

  1. Can you add a brief description of what you did with these please? You have done a good job so you should use it as evidence for the digital unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it! (imaginary smiley face)(end of the day - Im proud of myself that I can do it)

      Delete
  2. If you had to do it again how would you improve it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use smaller brush for blur tool? And little more patience!

      Delete