Monday 3 June 2013

Film


A while ago (26 y approx) we had a go shooting with film. It was more exciting than I thought it would be. The hardest/weirdest part was that I could not look at the image straight after it been taken. The biggest issue with this is that I could not check if the light, depth of field and shutter speed worked well, so there is always a chance that half of the photos would come out wrong. But the fact I couldn't see the image made me think more about the composition and made me trust myself and rely more on my intuition. I am happy with the result and would like to do more of film in future, its worth whiting and more exciting than digital.

2 comments:

  1. Is it worth waiting 26 years (thee years before you were born!)? I would like to see you all shooting more film for the reasons you mention. You do have to rely on the skills that you have developed because as you say you can't check the image after shooting. Your images do look good, but it would have been nice to see you correcting the colour cast and saturation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sarcasm.. oh no, im not sarcastic at all!
      will do it on friday, will scan by one!

      Delete